Friday, November 18, 2011

Beyond the Horizon


Do you recognize this scenario in your life?

I am seduced by a dream, an ideal of how I want to live my life (The High Priestess). It takes courage to continue in the face of frequent adversity and struggle (Strength). At the same time it requires that I be blind to reality and remain steadfast in my determination that I can be who I want, do what I want, on my terms, even though it means I am often torn between my physical needs and my dreams (2 of Swords). These two aspects of my life are in conflict with one another, even when things look darkest and I feel I'm on the verge of giving up. But I remain steadfast and single-minded (King of Swords), and somehow challenges are met and difficulties overcome. Often I feel that I am in denial about the adversity tomorrow may bring as a result of my dogged refusal to change course, as I keep fighting the quotidian fight for survival, driven by emotion more than intellect (Knight of Cups). I feel that I am forever swimming upstream, toward the horizon in the distance beyond the horseman, forever called by the High Priestess. But I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Artist, writer, filmmaker, actor. Wrote "The Evil That Men Do" starring Charles Bronson. "Missing in Action" starring Chuck Norris. Performed one-man play "Einstein" off-Broadway and in Europe. Tours US with "Meet Mr. Wright," his one-man play about Frank Lloyd Wright. Art exhibitions in Italy and U.S. His work as a cartoonist has been seen in MAD magazine. Illustrated the children's books "How the Waif Bunny Saved the Boy" and "The Man In the Red Bandana" about his nephew Welles Crowther, a hero of 9/11, written by his niece, Honor Crowther Fagin, Welles's sister. Author of novel "Firebase," published in UK by Constable and US by St. Martins Press. For many years an avid student and reader of Tarot. Performs weddings as a Los Angeles County Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriage.